Why have you been refused?
There are a number of reasons as to why you may have been refused car finance in the past. Each lender uses a different eligibility-checking system, so the specific reasons will vary. However, here are the most common:
- Having a bad credit score is the most likely reason you’ve been declined. A bad credit score can result from poor money management, failing to repay loans on time or even declaring bankruptcy. Even not being on the electoral roll can worsen your credit score;
- You may have been unable to afford the deposit that the lender was asking for;
- You may have been asking to borrow more money than the lender thought you could afford to pay back each month, based on your monthly income, or you were unable to provide evidence of your monthly income;
- A lender rejecting you in the past can have an adverse effect on your credit rating, in turn resulting in other lenders rejecting your application. Once you’ve been rejected, other lenders will often see this as evidence of you being a bad credit risk.
What’s the next step?
We specialise in securing car finance for people who have been refused previously, and we can offer you a range of finance options, such as 0% deposit loans.
Once you’ve filled in our online application form, we’ll perform a soft credit check. This allows us to assess your likelihood of being accepted before you are passed onto our panel of lenders. If it’s unlikely that you’ll be accepted, we won’t pass you on to receive a formal credit check. Failing a formal credit check will further hinder your credit score, as such we are careful only to pass on applications that we are confident will be approved.
Ways to help your application
While we pride ourselves on being able to help people who have been refused car finance in the past, we cannot guarantee that your application will be successful. As such, we recommend that you do the following in order to help your application.
- Improve your credit score by ensuring you are on the electoral roll and the information held by credit reference agencies is correct and up-to-date;
- Offer to pay a larger deposit, thus reducing the size of the loan you’ll need to borrow and increasing your trustworthiness in the eyes of lenders;
- Have a friend or family member be a guarantor to give lenders further confidence that they’ll receive their repayments on time
Get in touch with us today at 0333 050 3440 to find out how we can help you.